Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anybody got lengths of RG8x or 58A coax?

On 3 Mar 2015 04:51:48 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2015-03-01, Gunner Asch wrote:
Im getting ready to install radios (VHF marine and CB) in my sailboats
and am needing at least 100-200 feet of the above coax. Looking for
cheap prices/swap/trade

I don't have spare. I need to buy more at the next hamfest.

But for marine use -- some caveats.

1) Best to use crimp connectors, not solder.

2) Heat-shrink sleeving over the crimped ferrule.

2) *especially* -- look for self-sealing tape to wrap where the
wire enters the connector, and over the whole area where the
connector goes into the antenna at that end of things. this is
important enough on an antenna on a tower where it gets rained
on, but our where salt water is involved -- even mores so.

Good Luck
DoN.

Indeed!

Though to be fair..99% or more of my sailing is on freshwater...and
has to be able to be rigged up and down in 20 minutes or less.

PJ O'Rourke