Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anybody got lengths of RG8x or 58A coax?

On 2015-03-02, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 01 Mar 2015 16:41:44 -0500, wrote:

[ ... ]

I've got several 35 foot chunks of full sheilded 6 up here in Ontario
Canada, but you can buy it in Cali for less than the shipping cost
form Ontario Canada.

Thanks, but Im trying to find a single piece that I can cut assorted
lengths from. "Insert into top of mast. Fish to bottom, exit bottom
of mast and install PL-259 on each ends. Continue to next boat"

Arrrggghhh! The PL-259 is the worst connector for weather
conditions of any in common use. Especially the one at the top of the
mast. At least the solder versions of PL-259 tend to wick up water
where the shield is soldered to the outer body. Crime is a bit better,
but the seal where it screws onto the other connector is not watertight.
A BNC or a Type-N have a resilient rubber seal inside the connector to
keep water out of the mated pair.

You can probably get away with the PL-259 inside the cabin out
of the weather, but the other connectors are better there, too.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail