Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Best Thing You Can Do With The Wimpy DOHC Engines That Loser slow eddy Loves?

On Mon, 2 Mar 2015 18:38:35 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 5:46:29 PM UTC-8, slow eddy pretended that he has a clue now that I've once again burned his ass so badly that he can't even sit down.

Snipped the lies of someone who has spent a lifetime lying by writing worthless pay for play ad copy for advertising driven rags.

Lime Rock, Watkins Glenn, Del Mar, Riverside, etc. I was there. slow eddy wasn't.

slow eddy has no clue about competitive racing that was IMSA GTP in the 80's. It was exciting and all the events I attended were packed. The Corvette GTP (when it ran a turbo charged stock block V6) was often the fastest car on the the track... especially when driven by Sarel van der Merwe. I met and talked with Sarel several times at length. Nobody could get more out of the Corvette GTP car than he could.

slow eddy is a liar who thinks he knows everything. slow eddy is often completely full of ****. The fact is that slow eddy doesn't know jack **** about real world GTP racing in the 80's like he pretends to know. It didn't take me long working for a race engine builder in Tucson, Arizona to realize that slow eddy is all book knowledge and zero practical knowledge.

That's quite a claim for a Barcalounger racer, Jon. g

Your rant, however, is up against everything I said, including the
documented race results -- including that the engines that you're
talking about only won two races during the years they ran, from 1985
to 1988, and they never won a championship.

As all of those DNFs demonstrate, they'd go like hell, and then break.

You could get horsepower out of a bagpipe is you supercharged it
enough. But it wouldn't win. Chevy ran those engines for marketing
reasons, but they just weren't up to winning.

If you didn't blow so much smoke and try so desperately to show that
you're not an insignificant kook, you'd have a lot less trouble when
you make mistakes.

--
Ed Huntress