Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Best Thing You Can Do With The Wimpy DOHC Engines That Loser slow eddy Loves?

On Mon, 2 Mar 2015 15:33:17 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 3:20:16 PM UTC-8, slow eddy cranked out a ton of his usual bull**** and lies because he wasn't there like I was a many IMSA GTP races:

Slow eddy lies and bull**** snipped

The Corvette GTP engine suffered very few failures related to it's Ryan Falconer V6 engine. It suffered from lots of problems from the Chevrolet supplied fuel injection system. Anyone can call Ryan and ask him about this. He lives in Arizona now.

How do I know all this? I was there and I've talked with engine builder Ryan Falconer about it.\

Suuuure ya' did.

Let's take just one year, 1987, and see what happened to the Corvettes
in the IMSA GTP series:

Road Atlanta -- DNF, blown head gasket
Riverside -- DNF, broken valve spring
Mid-Ohio (Andretti) -- DNF, throttle sensor failed
Mid-Ohio (van der Merwe) -- DNF, misfire
West Palm Beach -- DNF misfire, body damage, fire
Portland -- DNF, debris hit kill switch
Road America -- DNF, rain-shorted electronics
San Antonio -- DNF, overheating
Del Mar -- DNF, unspecified

(from _Inside IMSA's Legendary GTP Race Cars, Martin and Fuller.)

The FI gave them a lot of grief, but it could only have caused the
DNFs at Mid-Ohio and West Palm Beach -- and it isn't certain that's
what caused the DNFs in those cases, either.

Blown head gaskets and broken valve springs are common problems with
over-stressed race engines.

This is exactly what you did years ago, when you took a Ford press
release as your "source" and claimed all the Fords failed at Daytona
because of a Kar Kraft transmission. Only it wasn't true, as we showed
from the detailed account of the race by AutoWeek.

Bonkers, you're so full of crap that you're going to die of sepsis if
you don't knock it off. Now, stick to things you actually know
something about if you're going to be sarcastic.

--
Ed Huntress

Once again, I've nailed slow eddy to the wall and caught him lying *again* about something he knows jack **** about.