Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anybody got lengths of RG8x or 58A coax?

On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 06:10:13 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

No? Gets a bit stiff..shrug...what else does it do?

Gets a bit leaky, too, and the characteristic impedance changes with age,
making it hard to tune into a matched load well.

Would Gunner's short-range use (locally in lakes) make much difference
in the effect of an old cable? Impedance tuning usually affects
range, right? It has been a long time since I was exposed to much RF
chatter (QA @ Southcom, Intl. ca. 1975)

FYI, I ran across an old (Swan?) SWR meter at a Goodwill type store
for $2 last October and couldn't let it sit there. I figured that it
might come in handy later, in a top-down world.

--
Now therefore, be it Resolved by the Fiftieth Annual Convention
of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States, That we

--Veterans of Foreign Wars