Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mystery screws

On Sun, 1 Mar 2015 03:43:05 -0800 (PST), Christopher Tidy
wrote:

Am Sonntag, 1. März 2015 03:30:47 UTC+1 schrieb DoN. Nichols:

Any clue as to where the lamp came from? Given the wide range
screws that he tried, I suspect that the lamp is currently in the UK. :-)

It's currently in Germany. I bought it from a guy here, but know nothing more about its origin. The lampholders use an Edison screw (E27).

I did wonder if the thread was M4 x 0.8 mm. Apparently this thread exists, but is extremely rare. But I haven't been able to find an M4 x 0.8 mm screw to try out the theory.

Got a lathe and the proper gearing? Make one to try!

--
Now therefore, be it Resolved by the Fiftieth Annual Convention
of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States, That we

--Veterans of Foreign Wars