Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bluey69 Bluey69 is offline

Default Mystery screws

On 1/03/2015 7:01 AM, Christopher Tidy wrote:
I bought an old lamp and rewired it. Not sure of the age or origin, but it looks Art Deco. Here are some pictures:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/138493...7650682178678/

I had to remove the screws to rewire the lamp. Some of the screws were hard to remove and the slots got damaged. Now I'd like to replace the screws, but they're a really weird size. Here are the details:

- Brass screw, slotted round head
- Length: 8 mm
- Diameter: 3.70 mm
- Pitch 0.78 mm (as best as I can measure)

Here's what they aren't (because I've tried and they don't fit):

- #6-32 UNC
- #8-32 UNC
- 5/32" British Standard Whitworth
- 4 BA
- M4

For now, I've reassembled the lamp with the original screws. However, it bugs me that I can't identify the originals. Am I missing an obvious size?

Best wishes,

Chris

Have you explored the BA thread charts (British Association ) commonly
used on electrical equipment in the wayback days.