Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John B. slocomb John B. slocomb is offline

Default OT HP printer help ? OT

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 11:01:56 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

I just got a new black (61XL) cartridge for my HP 3510 all-in-one , after
an hour on the line with HP support it still pops an "incompatible
cartridge" message and locks up ... anybody know a workaround for this ?
Probably a similar issue to using refilled cartridges , and a similar
solution . I'm still on the line with HP on hold , we'll see what they offer
to do - I got stuff that needs printin' !
Just got off the line , they're sending me a new cartridge . But I still
want to see if there's a hack or workaround ... At 32 bucks a pop I'd like
to maybe try refilling the black . Had less-than-stellar luck refilling
color ... OK , OK , it was a total flop .

I don't use HP but on some of the Canon printers I've had there was a
specific series of buttons, and hold times, to press to reset the ink
reservoirs. A HP might be similar
--
Cheers,

John B.