Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
robobass robobass is offline

Default tool Chatter on 3-axis router

If you are going to cut metals I would strongly suggest getting another machine to do it that's more rigid. Something like this perhaps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nev98v3PyXk

That tool changer would be sweet. Otherwise I'm getting perfectly good results cutting brass now that I've worked out most of the kinks. And, the big XY plane means I can do lots of stuff I couldn't do on a normal knee mill.

Thanks for the tip on Al. I paid 1k for the Cad/Cam + BobArt. Not bad, but I paid another $400 for two hours of rather lame online training. Anyway, I'm now able to do everything I need, and some of my parts are rather complicated.