Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Harbor Freight for the Strategic Shopper

On Thu, 19 Feb 2015 03:58:24 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Feb 2015 19:34:53 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

My "good" meter is a Mastech MS8209. 'Taint a Fluke, but I don't need
one. I've happily used the sound meter, thermocouple, LUX meter
(recently on LEDs to test relative output/efficiency), and love the
beeping ohmeter. The clamp-on has a beeper, too.

Sigh..my hearing has so many holes in it..I generally cant hear
beeping anymore. I went for a hearing test some years ago..and the
tech stood there reading the printout..looked up, blinked..and asked
if Id had a serious head injury. My hearing results looked like it
had been shot with a shotgun.

That, and too many rifle and handgun rounds, eh? Or do you wear ear
protection on the range? Suckage about your hearing holes and not
being able to hear the beeps. I adore that function of the VOMs,
especially for repetitive testing in tight places.

Though to be fair...I can buy about 5 of the HF meters for (1) of the
Flukes.
Ive got at least 6 Fluke meters though..love em!! Wish I could
afford a Fluke scope (cringe!!!)

Humm..counting the 8060As and the bench tops...I may have around
10.....Crom!!

Obsess much? (On pets or meters?)

Who...me? (looking around)...why yes..I do...comes from growing up
semi-poor and a technology freak with wide interests and little cash.

Gunner, Fluke Freak...whimper...

(not counting the Tektronics bench tops, the RatShacks, the Simpsons
etc etc etc)

That little Circuitmate function gen was indeed bad.
She no make pretty pictures on the scope at all.

Damn. Well...well..fix it!

Or ask one of the electronics wonks here to take a look at it. They
arent complicated.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ng/L9EKhM3duT4

Hah! You tried before me?

Try here...

http://digilander.libero.it/chopin.i...eneratori.html

"Nessun risultato trovato per circuitmate"
You don't read French and I don't read Italian.

I was getting "some" signal last time I used it..but its been a couple
years.
Ill see what else Ive got ratholed and when you come back to pick up
the rest of the stuff you left behind...and go shooting and
sailing..it will be here waiting for you.

I'm just hoping Lee does a drive-by soon... It's a long way to your
house. I'm still ****ed at not being able to get to the range with
you, but as you saw, I could barely stand up. Damn, I hate getting
sick. By the time I got home, the flu/cold had pretty much run its
course, but the double sinus infection had really blossomed. It took
2 courses of Z-pack to finally kill 'em.

Ill bet you could probably talk Michael into fixing it for
you...maybe.

I haven't popped the top, though I did with the HP DVM. I saw nothing
inside which I could even attempt to work on. It was so securely
shielded from stray RF that it would take a day just to get its armor
off. g

--
A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description
of a happy state in this world.