Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Harbor Freight for the Strategic Shopper

fired this volley in
:

Really? As an electrical instructor, are you even the slightest bit
worried about using a cheap multimeter?

That's sort of a 'mixed bag'. I would never use one of those myself,
except to get a quick check of the meter itself, to verify it was
_reasonably_ accurate.

However, I install equipment for folks who are not usually technically-
competent at fixing equipment (being competent at making things that go
"BANG", instead), and there are sometimes things I can do "with their
hands" over the phone to help trouble-shoot problems.

If they don't even own an instrument, I'll pick up one of those to leave
with them (checking it first, of course), just so I don't have to pick up
my car keys every time the phone rings.

LLoyd