Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Harbor Freight for the Strategic Shopper

On Tue, 17 Feb 2015 19:48:18 -0800, "Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney"
wrote:

Welp! Today I had a bunch of 20% off coupons ready to expired, so I put on my plaid long sleeve shirt, dark glasses and camouflaged cap, went in and bought a nice drill. Then went back to the car, changed shirts, took off the cap and sunglasses, went back in and bought a nice saw. Then went back out, took off the shirt and went back in my tee shirt and a floppy hat and bought a tarp. I still had coupons but ran out of clothes.

No need for clothes changes. I take handfuls of coupons in every time
I shop there, plus I have the Inside Track Club card. For redeeming
multiple 20% coups, I do try to change checkers, though, JIC.

$5 says that both tools break within a year.

What saw and what drill? I may take you up on that bet.

One caveat on the drills. They don't like to do low-speed hi-torque
work. Mine smelled really bad the first time I did that, but it's
still kicking.

Another thing, check the brushes are seated on any replaceable-brush
motor you get from them. One brush on a brand new chop saw didn't fare
well and it smoked the motor on the third, harder cut.

--
A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description
of a happy state in this world.