Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone know about vacuum rating?

On 2/16/2015 12:35 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 15 Feb 2015 21:38:49 -0600, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

On 2/15/2015 5:44 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 15 Feb 2015 16:18:07 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Tim Wescott fired this volley in news:cb-
:

Lloyd, 2" + 2" = 4". What's your problem?

Yeah...that's what they thought, too!
Lloyd

Btw..if anyone needs vacuum pumps/gear

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Edwards...-/131428338951

He has a number of pumps including one thats absolutely brand new..NOS

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Unused-E...-/131428334706

There are several others..keep watching if the above is not what you
need..or simply call him

Gunner

What kills me is there isn't a mention of what level of vacuum it can pull.

Is this a food grade bag sucker ?
Is this a 4'x16' plastic vac table for CNC plastic.....

One has to know the machine and use before spending 1 or 2.5k !

Martin

I believe that the model number will tell you , wont it?

They came out of GE Aviation

This might tell you something....

http://www.pchemlabs.com/product.asp?pid=1398

http://mfc.engr.arizona.edu/document...%20Install.pdf

I see that a rebuilt one goes for $9k

Google is your friend...usually ....

Gunner

I was naturally asking why the seller didn't mention anything about use or
actual ability.

Coming out of GE Aviation is such a wide boundary of possible uses.

The pchemlabs say specs and use. I had a 4 stage Hg that bubbled Hg
as it took down to make X-Ray tubes in research. This one wouldn't
be considered for that use.

Martin