Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ecnerwal[_3_] Ecnerwal[_3_] is offline

Default Anyone know about vacuum rating?

In article 0,
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

yep... and to the 'engineer' who suggested I pull 30" and wait to see what
happens.

Ehhh.... I'm reluctant to do that here in Florida. I think I'll stop at
about 29.96".

LLoyd

Indistinguishable on the relevant dial gauge...

Also perfectly achievable on any day with a high pressure system in
place, at least in Florida, where 345 feet is as far above sea level as
you can get. At about the time you wrote this, 30.19 inches at KOBE...a
"standard" atmosphere is an agreed upon average, not something the
actual atmosphere has to comply with. Might be a tad more impossible in
Denver.

http://w1.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KOBE.html