Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Anyone know about vacuum rating?

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 07:37:26 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 00:15:52 -0600, Tim Wescott
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Feb 2015 21:15:01 -0600, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

technomaNge fired this volley in
news:mbrmo8$pa3$1 @dont-email.me:

s that similar to circular mills?
For example, 2 24 gage wires twisted together will carry the same
maximum current as 1 21 gage.

Same concept. Only, ShopSabre used the logic thus:

"If it takes a 12-gauge wire to go 12 feet, then I should be able to
run 36 feet with only 36 gauge wire! We'll save LOTS of money!"

There was an engineer involved in there someplace, I know it.

By the book and never in the field before, no doubt.
Engineers, the 2nd Louies of manufacturing!

You're being too hard on engineers, because you don't notice when we
succeed in some stunningly creative way. It's just that when we fail,
it's often in some stunningly creative way.

--
www.wescottdesign.com