Ecnerwal

Default Leeson noise

In article ,
(guy) wrote:

Hello folks, I need some help with my Leeson motor controller. When I
turn my lathe on the radio in my shop(garage) turns to pure static. I
tried a battery operated radio and it does the same thing. I have

You've got RFI (radio frequency interference). Make sure that the metal
case of the unit is properly grounded, and if it does not have a metal
case, put it inside a grounded metal box. Make sure the motor itself is
properly grounded. If you do both of those and still have noise, put the
wire inbetween in grounded conduit.