Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Baron[_4_] Baron[_4_] is offline

Default Power feeds , yet again

Terry Coombs prodded the keyboard

I have decided to go with what I have on hand , which is a couple
of 12v
wiper motors and one HF 18v drill motor . I just ordered another
gear cutter , I'll be able to do stacked reduction gears in a fairly
small package now . These will be 20dp gears , the same as those
inside the QC box on my lathe . Should be robust enough for this .
With PWM motor speed control plus direction control , I can set
one
reduction ratio that will be a compromise - mostly on high speed end
- that gives a uniform speed for a decent finish . Which is a lot of
what this is about . I just can't crank precisely enough to do some
of the things this mill is otherwise capable of . Using the boring
head or face mill are perfect examples . A uniform finish is
dependent on uniform feed rates . --
Snag

Did you have a look at the link I posted ?

--
Best Regards:
Baron.