Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hey Iggy - stepper motors ?

On Sat, 31 Jan 2015 23:51:59 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 22:58:41 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Got any stepper motors for cheep? I think nema 34's will work , I
want to

From $12.99 w/ f/s on eBay http://tinyurl.com/of8584m
How much torque do you need?

Those cheaper ones are all nema 17's , I already have 2 of those . I have

I noticed that a minute after sending the URL. Vendors put "NEMA 17
23 34" in the titles and it screws up searches. I saw one listing for
a boresnake which stated that it worked on bores from .17 to 12ga.

the power supply here now that I intended to power those with , I'll be
looking at some reduction for torque increase . I can get either 9:1 or 16:1
in a fairly small package using 20dp gears . I never expected the responses
this thread generated ... I just wanted a uniform speed for the X , and if I
can work it out the Z .

Also, don't forget Burden Surplus www.surpluscenter.com for all sorts
of gearhead drives at different RPMs for cheap prices.

--
Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice.
-- Elizabeth Cady Stanton