Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default Household programmable thermostat needed.

Hey Gary,

Not sure about ALL of what you request, but the bit about having a
different setting for a limited period of time is what is used in
buildings like a clubhouse. During the colder months, there is not a
lot of activity, and the programmable thermostat is set at say 60
degrees, or even a scheduled program. If there is to be a random
meeting held, there is a "button" that you push and it will raise the
building to a preset programmable setting for say 2 hours (that's
programmable too), and then return to the scheduled program. That is
so nobody can forget to set the temp back when they leave after the
meeting.

I'm still trying to recall exactly what that button "says" on it, but
something like "OVERRIDE" maybe ?????

I'd suggest you pay a visit to an HVAC wholesale shop and describe
what you require and see what they have.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On Thu, 29 Jan 2015 22:08:05 -0700, gary wrote:

Looking for a thermostat that will allow the temp to be set up or
down temporarily, and after an interval, will reset to the
pre-programmed temp.

Also, to enable/disable the whole house fan, then also, after an
interval, reset to programmed value.

Not finding what I need on the internet, probably because I don't know
what it's called or described.

thanks

gary