Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default And today's project ...

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 16:39:44 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:
On 1/28/2015 11:07 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

So much of commercial plantings are all GMOs that I'm developing an
allergy to corn. It's in everything. Too much corn in my diet
weakens my grip by half and makes my wrists ache badly. (It was hell
figuring that one out.)

I'm betting if you really investigated , it's not the corn itself
but the glyphosate they apply to it . "They" say it has no effect ,
but my wife developed a severe sensitivity to corn products around
the same time they started using Roundup heavily in RR crops and
I've seen studies that bear this out . And it's in EVERYTHING as you
say . Corn syrup , so many people started avoiding HFCS that now
they're labeling it as "fructose" or other misleading label . Don't
be fooled , it's still there . And it's a major reason I grow as
much of our food as I can . This year we're growing 5 varieties
of tomatoes , 4 peppers , cukes and zukes and summer squash , pole
beans and garlic and onions and , and ... even some okra . Taters
and corn weren't worth the effort for what I got , and grains are a
bit out of my reach - for now . I'd love to find a source for
non-GMO hard red wheat , I've been told the GMO stuff is no longer
as nutritious as what we had in the past . OK , off my soapbox ...

Ambitious!

Well , maybe . But I'm retired now and have the time . Actually , after
it's all in and growing I do little but monitor plant health and pull
weeds/grasses . I have just over 500 SF in my garden , and am practicing
some pretty intensive cropping . Stuff is close together , makes it easier
to keep weeds down as the crops shade them .

================

You may want to take a look at the Dutch/Barto bucket
outdoor hydroponics, as you are doing intensive cropping.
It eliminates weeding and eliminates all but the airborne
pests.

http://tinyurl.com/p69whdk
http://tinyurl.com/kvllq2t

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"