Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default And today's project ...

On 1/28/2015 11:07 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

So much of commercial plantings are all GMOs that I'm developing an
allergy to corn. It's in everything. Too much corn in my diet
weakens my grip by half and makes my wrists ache badly. (It was hell
figuring that one out.)

I'm betting if you really investigated , it's not the corn itself but the
glyphosate they apply to it . "They" say it has no effect , but my wife
developed a severe sensitivity to corn products around the same time they
started using Roundup heavily in RR crops and I've seen studies that bear
this out . And it's in EVERYTHING as you say . Corn syrup , so many people
started avoiding HFCS that now they're labeling it as "fructose" or other
misleading label . Don't be fooled , it's still there . And it's a major
reason I grow as much of our food as I can .
This year we're growing 5 varieties of tomatoes , 4 peppers , cukes and
zukes and summer squash , pole beans and garlic and onions and , and ...
even some okra . Taters and corn weren't worth the effort for what I got ,
and grains are a bit out of my reach - for now . I'd love to find a source
for non-GMO hard red wheat , I've been told the GMO stuff is no longer as
nutritious as what we had in the past .
OK , off my soapbox ...

Ambitious!