Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default And today's project ...

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 04:45:47 -0500, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 1/27/2015 6:52 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Hey Tom , we're going to get some strawberries this year , I recall you
grow some too . Ours are Ozark Beauty , and looks like we'll have close to a
hundres plants this year - we didn't take any fruit last year so they'd
multiply . They did , we started with 14 .

Snag
Kinnardly wait .

The strawberries took over a huge patch of river stone. I can't believe
anything would grow there. We didn't get any fruit, maybe the critters
did. I don't know how much trouble they will be worth, around here they
go for $2/qt and they are big and sweet. The corn is great here too,
this year I will fill the freezer.

Berries sound good, so maybe I'll join you guys this year. I usually
plant lettuce, radishes, basil, zucchini, and cantaloupe. Last year,
I planted some Japanese eggplant too late and the fingerlings caught
the first frost. It's time to double my planting area and get in some
beans, some potatoes, and maybe some more broccoli. I like the larger
-established- commercial plant output more than what I get from a
yearly crop, though.

So much of commercial plantings are all GMOs that I'm developing an
allergy to corn. It's in everything. Too much corn in my diet
weakens my grip by half and makes my wrists ache badly. (It was hell
figuring that one out.) Anyway, I plant all heritage seed and mulch
with compost for a good, healthy crop. I'm a NO TILL kind of guy, a
fact which makes Spring a whole lot easier. Oh, I was given a kilo of
mycorrhiza when I took the 2009 Oregon Master Gardener course and it
works great. The company is local so we received a wonderful gift.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFjJ844YeDo their video

That class burned me out from gardening for a long time. Talk about a
cram course! Highly recommended, though. If you have one near you,
take it! We filled a 3" binder and covered every word in the syllabus
in 11 weeks. Perhaps it's time to go back through it again to finish
comprehending what was taught.

--
If more sane people were armed,
crazy people would get off fewer shots.