Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default And today's project ...

F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 11:50:29 -0500, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 1/27/2015 11:39 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Today I'm cutting up the rest of that roll of rewire I bought last
week and making tomato cages . I'm cutting them so I can overlap
the wires leaving about 2" between verts . The overlap gets MIGged
to the verts , two tacks per horizontal wire . If my calculations
are correct , I'll have about 20 feet of wire left to use for
supporting the pole beans . Might make those into zigzags so
they'll stand without support . Once the beans start climbing
they're not going anywhere ...

I've used cages for years, often without satisfaction. This year,
I'm going to try to "string train" my tomatoes. I saw a friend do
it and it worked out well for her and not too much work. I tried
Shallots last year and all, of them failed miserably. Maybe I will
try Cannabis...

======================
In cased you missed these, here are some YouTube videos on
tomato single vine pruning and string training.
http://tinyurl.com/lvaz2wk
http://tinyurl.com/mtbpbpb

NO , NO , NO ! I have cages , EVERYBODY has to use cages ! grin I'll
look at the videos after the wife goes to bed , when I interrupt her TV
programs she gets ... well I'll wait until she goes to bed .
All the tomatoes and peppers I want to grow this year are planted in
starter cells now , as soon as they sprout they'll go under a grow light and
other stuff (flowers mostly , because she likes them) will go into the
covered germination trays .
Hey Tom , we're going to get some strawberries this year , I recall you
grow some too . Ours are Ozark Beauty , and looks like we'll have close to a
hundres plants this year - we didn't take any fruit last year so they'd
multiply . They did , we started with 14 .

Snag
Kinnardly wait .