Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default And today's project ...

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
Today I'm cutting up the rest of that roll of rewire I bought last
week and making tomato cages . I'm cutting them so I can overlap the
wires leaving about 2" between verts . The overlap gets MIGged to
the verts , two tacks per horizontal wire . If my calculations are
correct , I'll have about 20 feet of wire left to use for supporting
the pole beans .
Might make those into zigzags so they'll stand without support .
Once the beans start climbing they're not going anywhere ...
--
Snag

There's no thought of growing plants here until the Ice Age ends.

My metalworking has been shearing and bending sheet steel from a
scrapped above-ground pool liner into U channel for a generator
noise-reducing enclosure made from 2' x 4' fireproof ceiling tiles,
which need the channel to protect their crumbly edges.

The pool steel is easily within the capacity of my cheap 3-in-1
machine, of a decent hardness and stiffness, and the coating doesn't
rub off in the brake. It's really pretty good stuff for the price of
taking the pool down with an air shear.

The thicker top rails and vertical columns are too much for the 3-in-1
but within range of hammer forming, and this 24 TPI blade cuts them.
http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-BS6412-2.../dp/B0062IBH6A

-jsw