Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default And today's project ...

On 1/27/2015 11:39 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Today I'm cutting up the rest of that roll of rewire I bought last week and
making tomato cages . I'm cutting them so I can overlap the wires leaving
about 2" between verts . The overlap gets MIGged to the verts , two tacks
per horizontal wire . If my calculations are correct , I'll have about 20
feet of wire left to use for supporting the pole beans .
Might make those into zigzags so they'll stand without support . Once the
beans start climbing they're not going anywhere ...

I've used cages for years, often without satisfaction. This year, I'm
going to try to "string train" my tomatoes. I saw a friend do it and it
worked out well for her and not too much work. I tried Shallots last
year and all, of them failed miserably. Maybe I will try Cannabis...