Kevin Neelley

Default Lathe Speed Question

Steven,

Here is a link to a lathe RPM chart that I have used as a rule of thumb (which
means that I only use it when it suits me):
http://www.turnedwood.com/LatheRPM.htm

Kevin Neelley
http://www.turnedwood.com

In article , Steven Raphael says...

Greetings and Salutations:

I am fairly new to the world of woodturning. Lathe speeds for spindle
turning I have pretty much figured out. But when it comes to turning bowls I
would like to know what speed the lathe should be set at when using the bowl
gauge? The first time I tried to use this tool I almost destroyed the piece
I was working on when I started shaping the bowl.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steven Raphael ( Happily turning goblets and cups )