Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Stuck batteries..

On Fri, 16 Jan 2015 23:28:54 -0500, wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jan 2015 18:17:48 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:
Thinking about this, I believe most of my lamps have used a different
brand of LED chip, Epistar. The above vendor claims it's the #1 Asian
brand for LEDs. I wonder if black market or substandard CREE chips
are the problem for you. Hot-running LED bulbs aren't in my future.

I think it is crappy assembly with little or no heat transfer to the
heatsink.

With that in mind, I recently sent away for some tubs of thermal
grease/heatsink compound. Are any of yours disassemblable, so you can
head off the problem prior to their death?

--
Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because
we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable,