Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Stuck batteries..

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 16:21:16 -0500, Phil Kangas wrote:

I've been handed a nice mag-lite with LED bulb and the batteries leaked
and are now stuck in place. Perhaps this has come up before here but how
can they be removed?
So far I tried soaking them in PFM then pulling on them with a screw and
pliers. No luck, no movement at all. Before I step it up a notch what do
you say about this? The bulb end is easily removed and down in there is
a thin snap ring that could be a challenge to remove. If that comes out
perhaps the batteries can be driven out instead of pulled? It's a very
nice flashlight and worth working on.
phil k.

You _did_ try rapping the thing sharply on a wood block, yes? Sometimes
inertia is your friend.

--
www.wescottdesign.com