Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Stuck batteries..

On 1/13/2015 4:21 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:
I've been handed a nice mag-lite with LED
bulb and the batteries leaked and are now
stuck in place. Perhaps this has come up
before here but how can they be removed?
So far I tried soaking them in PFM then
pulling on them with a screw and pliers. No
luck, no movement at all. Before I step it
up a notch what do you say about this? The
bulb end is easily removed and down in there
is a thin snap ring that could be a challenge
to remove. If that comes out perhaps the
batteries can be driven out instead of pulled?
It's a very nice flashlight and worth working on.

I had this once: nice MagLite, corroded batteries. It was VERY
frustrating! IIRC I would up destroying one battery trying to get it
out and giving up.

I did get the brand name from that battery & wrote them. I got some run
around - their basically saying that they didn't cover such damage &
sending me a coupon for batteries, or some such.`

Bob