Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Phil Kangas[_4_] Phil Kangas[_4_] is offline

Default Stuck batteries..

"Steve W."
wrote in message Phil Kangas wrote:
I've been handed a nice mag-lite with LED
bulb and the batteries leaked and are now
stuck in place. Perhaps this has come up
before here but how can they be removed?
So far I tried soaking them in PFM then
pulling on them with a screw and pliers. No
luck, no movement at all. Before I step it
up a notch what do you say about this? The
bulb end is easily removed and down in there
is a thin snap ring that could be a challenge
to remove. If that comes out perhaps the
batteries can be driven out instead of pulled?
It's a very nice flashlight and worth working
on.
phil k.

Is this a D or C cell light? Those come apart
easily. Take the head off, pull the bulb, pop
the switch cover out. Now take a small allen
wrench and insert it into the hole in the
switch. Back the set screw into the switch. Now
turn the switch on. The switch will now slide
out the same direction as the batteries.
In the case of stuck batteries you can use
something to push on the switch and push the
stuck batteries out as well.

https://www.takeitapart.com/guide/50

The AA sized LED the switch is a PIA. It is easy
to destroy the switch.

--
Steve W.

This is the flashlight I have but mine is an LED
and this is plain bulb.
In this link, there is no snap ring involved and
in mine there is. It
keeps the bulb assembly in place apparently. It
has to come out to
disassemble. But this link is of help to figure
out what to try next! ;)}
btw, this one takes D cells.
Thanks Steve