Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default A billionaire explains the middle class

On Sat, 10 Jan 2015 15:49:58 -0600, Frnak McKenney
wrote:

snip
One of the greatest weaknesses appears to be the lack of any
publically available results, e. g. 10% of the bonds with a
AAA rating from the Humperdink Rating Agency within 5 years
of issuance, while only 1% of the bonds rated AAA by the
Smith Agency were.

Were... ? Sorry -- I think I lost a predicate here or something. "Were
given an AAA rating", perhaps?

/snip

Indeed, much too fast on the send button after spell check.
"were in default" should have been included.

IMNSHO: Not only bonds, but everything rated should be
included in [separate] league tables, e. g. CDOs. While
default is objective and definite, perhaps 5/10/life of
bonds table showing not only default but changes in ratings,
both up and down, would be helpful. Data to construct the
tables should be available, but where? Would a simple count
be informative, or should the result be dollar weighted?

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"