FlSteve FlSteve is offline
Junior Member

Location: The most western part of Florida in USA
Default Hello from new member

Just wanted to pop in and say hello to all. Just found this website this morning while doing some research on Anchor Seal. Have been making splinters, shavings and sawdust on my two Shopsmith for about 6 years. While I have the basic machines, I also have 2 bandsaws, 1 4" jointer/planer, routers, several hand sanders, nail guns, drills and some other stuff. Just beginning to turn and had some instruction on turning bowls. Have made many toys for grandchildren, table tops, handles, book cases and picture frames. Folks keep me busy fixing their broken stuff, no pay, just play. It's been a real pleasure.
My purpose here is to glean all the pertinent information that will suit me where I am at the moment and to give back all and when I can. I'll try to get here a couple times weekly, but all will depend on how the Mrs. is doing with her MS.
I live in Pensacola, FL USA. I am of both English and Cherokee descent but the A. B. S. D. Wilson and family left Liverpool, England in about 1789. Pensacola is located near Mobile, AL. Because Alabama became a state before the territory of Florida became a state, the lower parts of Alabama and Mississippi used to be all Florida territory including Baton Rouge, LA. The River was the stopping point. Anyway, enough history for now. Will browse to garner and refresh ideas and processes. And, if I can contribute in a meaningful way, I will. It's 80 again today, with rain expected tonight. Have a super weekend. Don't snort the sawdust!

Florida Steve