Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,alt.binaries.schematics.electronics
Sasquatch Jones Sasquatch Jones is offline

Default Connecting Internet from Cable TV Provider

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message ...

Sasquatch Jones wrote:

I'm having internet & phone installed from the cable company. Does the attached sketch look like a reasonable plan? I'm trying to keep the cable as short as possible and to keep from running cable thru the attic.

Are these things reasonable, or something the installer might not want to do?....

1. The last TV cable (removed 20 years ago) had been connected at the same place as the telephone cable which now run through a tree. So I'm thinking a new cable connection up high would be a quicker installation and shorter length. Also will save having them come out again when tree-trimming time comes around. Phone lines can be removed once cable is installed.

2. I noticed that the neighbor's cable was run on the outside of the fascia board. It looks bad and is exposed to the weather. Is it reasonable to ask that it be installed on the inside of the fascia?

3. I have been told there will be a new interconnection box installed on an outside wall. I'd like to have it installed on the garage wall and not on either of the house walls because of plans to add on to those 2 walls.

Thanks fellers!!

Why are you asking here, instead of asking the cable company?

That was the first thing I tried, but can only get someone offshore who either has no technical info or just wants to add services I don't need.

In my case, once the cable is pulled to the house, they will need to run it 30-ft under the eaves and another 30-ft to where the computer is. On the phone, they said they would make all connections including to the computer, but could not tell me if 60-ft total was included in the standard installation. Others have said that installers are sub-contractors who will try to get extra $$ any way they can.