Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Follow-up on next door neighbor

Follow-up on next door neighbor

The one with the sump pump that runs maybe every 15 minutes or
half-hour.

We had one cold day and I warned him it would freeze; and now there is
ice the width of the sidewalk that goes from one house to the next, and
8 or 10 feet long, so that his other next door neighbor has to walk on
her yard too to leave home. I shoveled the 2" of snow a few days ago,
but he's made no effort afaict to get rid of the ice.

I started pointing this out to him about 2 months ago or more, and that
it needed to be adjusted higher so it diddn't run so often, but he
doesn't like to fiddle with his house, I guess, and he said when the
plumber came in January to put in the basement bathroom, he'd get him to
fix it. (Here it is the 9th, and no plumber so far.)

(All the other houses drain the sump and the downspout underground
(after first going above ground) to the gutter. My house drains the
sump underground to the side of the stream bed. But his house isn't
close to either of these things. Well, it's close to the steam bed in
the back, but the sump pump is in the front)

I suspect this is the first house he's ever owned. I told him to drain
the garden faucets too, but last I looked one still had its garden hose
connected to it. That's probably ruined. (I did forget to tell him
about the hose, but I told him to go outside and open the faucet after
he turned the water off inside.)

They did send their 14? year old daughger over on Xmas day with a red
and green cookies and a Happy Holidays card, addressed to "our great
neighbor" or something like that, but he doesn't listen to me!! He's
hte one that needs the upflush toilet. I woudlnt' be surprised if he
gets a regular one.