Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie[_4_] Meanie[_4_] is offline

Default Recomendations For Motorcycle Tarp

On 1/9/2015 3:14 PM, Dwight Gibb wrote:
I would like an 8 x 10 tarp to cover my motorcycle and sidecar both summer and winter - probably about the same use requirements as a boat cover.

Polyethelene from Lowe's lasted only a year.

I have links to a 14 oz polyester canvas, and a 18 oz vinyl coated polyester - both for a bout $60.

What would be your recommendations?

Thank you very much.

Dwight Gibb

I wouldn't recommend a tarp unless you use a fan. You want a cover which
allows air circulation.

IMO, Dowco and Nelson Rigg makes good covers and I've used my Dowco for
years, though, I don't know if they make anything for sidecars. I
believe you would need one for bike and one for sidecar.

Perhaps you can consider a portable garage such as this....
http://www.thebikebarn.net/photo_gallery.html

If you value the bike, I wouldn't skimp on a cover.