Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default (Auto) Seatbelt Extender Question

On Thu, 08 Jan 2015 01:41:43 -0600, wrote:

On Tue, 06 Jan 2015 22:41:57 -0500, micky
wrote:

AT one level I'd prefer for you to buy one, since you say there are lots
of them sitting around doing nothing, but you should know that you may
be eligible for a free one from GM.

The ones from GM may just be sitting around too, now that I think about
it.

Someone told me she got two of
them free at the Buick dealer. And she showed them to me.

Even if you're not strictly eligible, they might give you one. Nothing
I read said anything about a price if one wasn't eliglbe. Maybe every
car is included.

Thanks
You saved me a few bucks. I went to the local Chevy/GM dealer, asked if
they had free ones, and he said he did not know. He contacted the main
office and was told they do indeed. He looked up the part number and
found they have two different lengths. He said he'll just order both
of them and I can have both. They should arrive on Friday.

He said no one ever asked for them till now, but the main office was
well aware of them.

I appreciate you finding about this. I would have never known about it,
and would have paid $10 or more, probably closer to $20 (or more) with
shipping. Plus I'll know its made FOR my truck and not some after
market thing that may not work well.

Great. Copy to my friend with the Buick who told me about this.

There was no mention of color, but I dont care what color it is as long
as it works.