Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default What's the best 120VAC wall outlet with two full power USB portsof at least 20 Watts?

On 1/7/2015 3:40 PM, Danny D. wrote:
I want to help out a neighbor who knows nothing about electricity
by replacing a handful of wall outlets with those that have two
(full power) USB ports.

By full power, I mean BOTH PORTS simultaneously can charge with
at least 2.1 amps (for a total power output of at least 20 Watts).

http://www.enerlites.com/61501-tr2usb.html

Here's the best "USB Receptacle" I can find for charging two
2.1 Amp iPads simultaneously:
- Enerlites 61501-TR2USB (4.0A combined, for a total of 20 Watts)
http://www.enerlites.com/61501-tr2usb.html

Here's the second best I can find:
- Leviton T5632 (3.6A combined, for a total of 18 Watts)
http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/Produ...&section=63676

Here's a typical one, which is sub optimal:
- Hubbell Wiring Systems USB15X2W (3A combined, for a total of 15 Watts)
https://www.codale.com/index.jsp?pat...t&part=3459565

Do you know of a more powerful USB Recepticle other than the Enerlites
above, that can charge two 2.1 Amp iPads simultaneously?

I ask: Will USB ports be de rigueur 30 years from now?
Plug ins are cheap. I'd prefer to use them.