Posted to alt.home.repair
BenignBodger BenignBodger is offline

Default KitchenAid cookware -- How to reattach handles to glass lids?

We have some KitchenAid SS cookware -- maybe 15yrs old now -- with
SS-rimmed glass lids whose handles are coming off. The handles are attached
by what look like rivets (or threadless bolts) inserted from the underside
through rubber grommets in holes in the lids and then through holes in the
metal handles. These "rivets" are gradually "letting go" of the handles. I
cannot tell, looking at the ones that have not yet "let go," what is
holding them in place: they are *not* peened over.

Any idea how these were attached and how I could fix the ones that are
coming loose? Epoxy? -- is it sufficiently heat resistant? And how to hold
the parts together while whatever adhesive I use sets? -- how to apply
pressure to the head of the "rivet" on the inside (concave) of the lid?

Perce

What sort of warranty does the cookware come with? I've had the folks at
Scanpan replace items of mine under their 'lifetime' warranty that were far
older than yours, no questions asked.