Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Water heater questions

Jennifer Murphy wrote:
It looks like our water heater might be on its last legs. before I order
a new one, I thought I'd check out what the plumber told me.

What is the life expectancy of a good quality water heater?

What is a good quality water heater? Does the brand/model make that much
difference?

The heater is installed in an unheated basement room in a mild climate
(rarely under 40F and seldoim under 50F). Does having it wrapped in an
insulating pad matter much?

Anything else I should know before deciding on a new heater?

Thanks so much

Hi,
Our 9 year warrantied Kenmore WH is in it's 13th year. Never
had any trouble since new. Our water is hard, we have softener.