Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Perry Chris Perry is offline

Default D-376 Sensor

replying to RBM , Chris Perry wrote:
rbm wrote:

would ring when someone pulls in. We have a long drive, partly hidden, and

it
would be good to know if someone is coming. I'd put it far enough up the

drive
so that it wouldn't be set off by people who are just turning around from

the
street.
battery replacement. Has anyone had any experience with these? Any
recommendations of brands to seek out or avoid?
The big name is Cartell. The equipment is great and works just fine as
long as lightning doesn't strike to close. Another lesser known company
is MFM sensors, out of Tacoma, Washington I love these guys. If a board
gets blown out by lightning or whatever, you call Greg, ship him back
the board and he repairs it for a flat rate, something like $35. These
folks are just a pleasure to deal with. The model I use from them is D-376
I have had two locations with distances from probe to circuit board of
over 500 feet and too many trees in the area of the probe wiring, where
they just get fried too often. I experimented with a cheap Dakota Alert
model.

(http://www.amazon.com/Dakota-Alert-D...ords=dcpa-2500
)
In both cases I mounted the transmitter on a post about 5' high and
installed the receivers inside of poured concrete basements. One has
been in operation about six years, and the other about a year now. I
made no guarantees when I installed them, because they're so cheap, but
they seem to work flawlessly and the customers love them. All of these
units have auxiliary relays and timers to control piezo buzzers, lights,
alarms, etc

I have left MFM voice messages for several days. Do you have an email
address or another way to contact them? Also, do you know how to put the
board in "unsupervised" mode - is it as simple as cutting the white wire?
Thank you.