Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default Washing Machine Water Level

On Tue, 06 Jan 2015 07:46:51 -0500, Art Todesco
wrote:

Exactly what I meant. The pimple is just about as worthless as a
picture. I don't know if GE still makes them, but the washer I bought
has a real agitator and really sloshes the cloths around.

I remember when new products were tested by experts and later by a panel
of selected consumers who were paid or given the product free for
evaluating it.

It seems the latest trend is to just sell these new things to the
public, and let them suffer with poor products.

Just look at all the car recalls, some of which have been deadly. And
when it comes to software it's even worse. I've heard many times that
when a new operating system is relased, to avoid it for several months
until the bugs are worked out. Apparently they're now doing this with
appliances too, and even some building materials.

I guess it's not just because we live in the age of greed, but we live
in a time when the younger people cant exist without constant upgrades
which often do nothing. Then add to that all the stupid laws that keep
forcing products to change and often ruins a once good product.