Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default (OT) WARNING: Cheap Melemine Ashtrays from China

On Mon, 5 Jan 2015 07:59:33 -0500, songbird

I just posted this to warn others!!!!

plastic isn't suited for ashtrays.

cut a piece of metal can and put it in
the bottom to protect it and to distribute
the heat more widely if a cig should keep
resting upon it.

songbird

I would tend to agree, but those melamine ashtrays that are made in the
USA work fine. I have some older glass ones. But they have the groove
for the cig on the outer edge. It's too easy to have a lit cig fall
off. I like the ones that have the ridge down the center INSIDE of the
tray.

In my garage, I have a large tractor piston for an ashtray. Of course
any metal can works too. And there is always a metal electrical octogon
box. Yeah, years ago, when I worked for an electrician, we would use
them on the job.... (just had to avoid the screw holes).

I might just bring that piston in the house......