Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default (OT) WARNING: Cheap Melemine Ashtrays from China

On Sun, 04 Jan 2015 22:05:38 -0500, micky
wrote:

On Sun, 04 Jan 2015 20:54:39 -0600, wrote:

I knew this would turn into an anti-smoking rant.... Almost everyone
has something unhealthy they do.... Or, they are so perfect and
judgemental that no one can stand to be around them..... No further
comments about smoking.

BTW, I still offer ashtrays to guests who want to smoke. I would have
one on the table but there is no room anymore. I've never sent
anyone outside and if they offer to go outside, I say No, don't bother.

I somewhat thought it was a joke.....

I dont make anyone go outdoors to smoke either, of course I am a smoker
so why would I. But making someone go outdoors in frigid weather to
smoke is more unhealthy as smoking indoors. Not to mention cruel. When
people drink, they want to smoke, and that should be up to the
individual bar owner. I never objected to smoking in restaurants, in
fact it would bother me when I was eating, but bars should allow smoking
if the owner chooses to do so.

There is a local country bar who solved the no smoking issue. He built
a large deck on the back of the bar with a roof. He built walls around
it like a railing, about 5 ft high. The upper part of the walls are
open (about 3.5 feet), other than some support posts. In summer you go
out there to smoke in the fresh air, in winter he covers these walls
with a double layer of plastic sheeting, (inside and outside), and has a
heater in there. Legally, it's still considered "outdoors" so you can
smoke, and you cant get busted by the cops for drinking outside since
it's still part of the bar. It worked so well, that he enlarged it last
summer. Then put a pool table, big screen tv, and speakers from the
juke box out there, because it seems more people are out there than
inside the bar most of the time. In hot weather, it's cooler out there
too.