Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Does anyone make a STURDY Tire Wrench NAPA

On Sun, 04 Jan 2015 13:42:44 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 03 Jan 2015 21:01:00 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 03 Jan 2015 15:27:56 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Fri, 02 Jan 2015 23:28:30 -0500,
wrote:

I love it when people share "secret" nuggets to solve problems.

Got any for window regulator motors so I don't rip the hide off my
arms in a door panel - where I can't see? G
What make and model??

'94 Ford Bronco. I repaired one motor by replacing the nylon 'nubs'
and used white lithium grease. Had to drill out rivets and replace
them with nuts and bolts. PITA to use a ratchet on the inside of the
interior door panel. I did by HF Thumbwheel Ratchets for the next
motor fix, but I lost some hide and blood on the first repair

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece-thumbwheel-ratchet-set-94011.html

https://tinyurl.com/on9bgpq

You just have to RIVET the darn things back in!
There are "rivets" made that have a pin in them that you drive in to
expand them that work pretty good if you don't have a heavy enough
rivet puller.

The one single rivet wasn't the real problem. I 'doubled nuttered" a
small bolt with a star washer to replace the rivet. Holds up very
well. Two dimples in the interior door panel had to be drilled out to
1/2" to allow access to the bolt mounts for the regulator motor, as
did the one rivet having to be drilled. The hide removal and blood
letting is trying to mount the motor on the regulator inside the panel
when you have to "feel" your way and can't see what is going on.
Trying to get the motor gear line up. Now days they sure make it
difficult on a DIY type person. The back window motor is the same, for
the most part. PITA. I bought the thumb rackets after the first fix.
Still have two motors to fix sigh

Would sure help if they used better punch presses when they punch the
holes out of the sheet metal. Sometimes I think the auto companies use
surplus equipment from Gillette!!!!