Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default (OT) WARNING: Cheap Melemine Ashtrays from China

On Sunday, January 4, 2015 6:58:55 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I'm a smoker and have used the standard 6" cheap ashtrays made from
Melamine. with the cig holder in the center, for years. They have
always held up well. I just bought another one at Dollar General for
around one dollar. A cigarette actually melted a spot, leaving a dimple
on the bottom of the ashtray. The label on the bottom says "Made in
China". All my older ones say "USA" on the bottom, adn I've had them
for years with no problems. The China one says it's Melamine. I say
it's GARBAGE. I just bought it a week ago, and it's going back to the
store this week. Yea, it's only a buck, but it could start a fire or
damage the furniture it sits on. Luckily nothing was damaged, but I
wont use it again. These should not be sold! I'll tell this to the
store manager, but I'm sure they will keep selling them anyhow. I know
they will give a refund though. They always do!

I just posted this to warn others!!!!

It's part of the plot to screw you smokers. They banned smoking in most
places, making you go outside. That wasn't enough, you stood outside, so
then they banned smoking near entrances. That wasn't enough, so they banned
smoking on entire properties, parking lots, beaches, parks, etc. That
wasn't enough so
they decreed that you couldn't even have a cigar night in a closed
separate room at a restaurant. That wasn't enough, so
they hiked the tax so high that a pack costs $12 in NYC. So, folks started
selling loosies, obtained illegally, on the street. That had to be
dealt with so Bloomberg passed a
law toughening the penalties for doing that. Then they told the police to go
vigorously enforce it. So, when Eric Gartner was spotted on Staten Island
selling them, the cops busted him and he wound up dead. But now it's all
the racist cops fault, who among other things, should have just looked the other way, because cigs are no big deal.

So, I think this is the next step. Get China to sell you defective ashtrays
so you'll wind up burning yourself up. Then you won't be smoking anymore and
the libs will be happy, having achieved their goal.