Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default (OT) WARNING: Cheap Melemine Ashtrays from China

I'm a smoker and have used the standard 6" cheap ashtrays made from
Melamine. with the cig holder in the center, for years. They have
always held up well. I just bought another one at Dollar General for
around one dollar. A cigarette actually melted a spot, leaving a dimple
on the bottom of the ashtray. The label on the bottom says "Made in
China". All my older ones say "USA" on the bottom, adn I've had them
for years with no problems. The China one says it's Melamine. I say
it's GARBAGE. I just bought it a week ago, and it's going back to the
store this week. Yea, it's only a buck, but it could start a fire or
damage the furniture it sits on. Luckily nothing was damaged, but I
wont use it again. These should not be sold! I'll tell this to the
store manager, but I'm sure they will keep selling them anyhow. I know
they will give a refund though. They always do!

I just posted this to warn others!!!!