Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default Kitchen faucets: how do different brands rank?

On Sun, 04 Jan 2015 16:53:05 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/4/2015 4:38 PM, wrote:

I'd avoid Moen. They make quality faucets, but they're out to steal
your wallet when the day comes to repair a drip. Their replacement
cartridges cost almost as much as the initial cost of the faucet.

Get them for free with lifetime warranty.
http://www.moen.com/consumer-support/warranty

If this faucet should ever develop a leak or drip during the Warranty
Period, Moen will FREE OF CHARGE provide the parts necessary to put the
faucet back in good working condition and will replace FREE OF CHARGE
any part or finish that proves defective in material and manufacturing
workmanship, under normal installation, use and service. Replacement
parts may be obtained by calling 1-800-289-6636 (Canada 1-800-465-6130),
or by writing to Moen Incorporated, 25300 Al Moen Drive, North OImsted,
OH 44070-8022.

I was not aware of this. Thanks!

Kind of makes me wonder why they sell the cartridges in the stores
then??? But I suppose most people dont know about the warranty. My
Moen came with the house. I dont have a warranty card. I wonder if
they would still honor it? I dont intend to replace my spigots, they
work fine, and I kind of like being able to hook a garden hose to them
if I want hot water to wash my car in summer. But I'll dig the thing
out of the recycle bin if I can get a free cartridge.