Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default Washing Machine Water Level

On 1/3/2015 4:28 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
We just had to replace our washing machine. The old one had four levels; small, medium, large, and super. The new one only has three; small, large, and super. The small on the new machine is really small; it only fills about 20% of the drum. Large is like medium on the old one; haven't tried the new super yet.

Is there any way to adjust the water level on the various size selections or is that fixed? I suppose that there's some sort of device that senses the various levels; maybe there's an adjusting screw somewhere.

Paul

Even the top loaders are reducing the amount of water. Some of the top
loaders don't even have an agitator; they are just a front loader on its
side. 6 years ago we got a GE front loader. It was nothing but junk;
didn't clean well, certainly didn't rinse the soap out. We always
selected the extra rinse cycle AND then ran it through the QUICK WASH
with extra rinse, but with no soap. Still, the cloths came out with soap
in them. We replace it with a GE top loader and couldn't be happier.
Slosh, slosh, slosh, oh the good sound of washing cloths the old
fashioned way. But, they come out clean and they do rinse. But beware,
even top loaders are reducing the amount of water. We routinely set it
larger than the actual load so that it works properly. Ah, but we are
saving the planet, even though my water comes from the ground and goes
back in the ground.

---