Posted to alt.home.repair
Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney is offline

Default Washing Machine Water Level

Without knowing any more about it -- if it's within the return period, TAKE IT BACK - even if you have to pay $50 for them to pick it up.

I have a GE with that never fills up more than 10-12 inches. For large loads the top clothes never get wet. Supposedly it washes them by flow water in when it spins -- which sounds like a jet engine taking off.

I have not analyzed the clothes for how clean they get, but I can tell that they DO NOT CLEAN as well as the 20 year old models that fill up and agitate properly.

Also mine has no lint filter. "It's not needed because the lint is ground up and flush out" say GE. This is BULL S***. The dryer removes twice as much lint as the standard machines. Also, if you have a smaller diameter drain pipe as was normal a few years ago -- the link builds up in the drain and I have to root it out at least once a year.

I am very pro-environment and pro-water saving. So what is my advice? DO NOT BUY A WATER-SAVING MACHINE. All the ones I have ever seen claim to get clothes clean but you end up wearing dirty clothes or washing them 2-3 times (wasting washer, soap, wear & tear on machine).

TAKE THE STINKING THING BACK before you are stuck with it.

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...
On 1/3/2015 4:28 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
We just had to replace our washing machine. The old one had four levels; small, medium, large, and super. The new one only has three; small, large, and super. The small on the new machine is really small; it only fills about 20% of the drum. Large is like medium on the old one; haven't tried the new super yet.

Is there any way to adjust the water level on the various size selections or is that fixed? I suppose that there's some sort of device that senses the various levels; maybe there's an adjusting screw somewhere.

Paul

New machines use much less water to do the same job as the old one. Our
new Maytag has no settings and relies on sensors. The clothes get clean
and are not fully submerged as in the pasr.