Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT TV talking to me

On Fri, 02 Jan 2015 09:05:44 -0500, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

For some reason my LG TV connected to Xfinity has started talking to me.
It is obviously some for blind people who can still here because it does
play-by-play of the shows. Last night's Bones for instance, it said Cam
enters the room and goes to the autopsy table.
Looked through the LG and couldn't find anything that looks like it
would take it away. Any suggestions?

There was a special version of Sound of Music broadcast a couple weeks
ago. A narrator read the captions, produced by, starrring.. etc. and
also described what was happening on the screen, as if the show was for
adapted for blind people. She had a soft, distinctive, that is,
recognizeale voice.

At the same time, for the songs, it was like Mitch Miller. The lyrics
of the song came on as subtitles one line at a time, with the word being
sung in a different color. (No bouncing ball.) Obviously not for
blind people. The did hoopla in advance and I ony heard the tail end but
I think you were supposed to invite a bunch of people over and sing
along with the movie.

Is there much singing in Bones? Did the narrative describe each
incision?